Dr. (Lady) Ibezim Elizabeth Chijindu, (MSTAN, MNIM)
Dr. (Lady) Ibezim Elizabeth Chijindu, born on march 15, 1961 in Umuahia hails from Isi-Ala Mbano Local Government Area of Imo State. She attended Central School, Amauzari, Imo State where she obtained her First School Leaving Certificate in 1973. Thereafter, she proceeded to Atta Girl’s Secondary, Atta, Imo State between 1973 – 1978 and came out with the West African School Certificate (WASC). Desirous to further her education, Dr. Ibezim after obtaining the National Certificate in Education specializing in Chemistry and Biology in 1981 from the Institute of Management and Technology (IMT), Enugu, was admitted into University of Nigeria, Nsukka between 1983 – 1986 where she obtained a Bachelor’s Degree (B.Sc. ED) in Chemistry in 1985 and a Master’s Degree (M.Sc. ED) in Measurement and Evaluation in 1988 from the same University. Additionally, she has a Diploma in Data Processing in 1992 from the University of Lagos. Her career progression has led her to acquire hands on work experiences as a career Civil Servant having worked in the following capacities;
- Imo State Civil Service – Teaching – Master Grade 1, 1985
- Federal Ministry of Education – Senior Education Officer (EVA/ACCRED) 1991
- Federal Ministry of Education – Principal Education Officer (Sch. SC) 1994
- King’s College, Lagos – Assist. Chief Education Officer (Chemistry Teacher) 1998
- King’s College, Lagos – Chief Education Officer (Chemistry Teacher) 2001
- King’s College, Lagos – Assist. Director (Chemistry Teacher) 2006
- King’s College, Lagos – Deputy Director (Registrar/Ag V.P.) 2010 – 2012
- King’s College, Lagos – Deputy Registrar (V.P. Academics) 2012 – 2017
- King’s College, Lagos – Director AG Principal, Aug. 2017 – Feb. 2018
- Federal Government College, Nise – Director/Principal, march 2018 – Oct. 2018
Dr. Ibezim, through dint of hard work and commitment to duty received several awards including but not limited to, The Most Outstanding Management Staff Award in 2011 and The Best Vice Principal of the Year Award in 2017.
In 2018, she was conferred with the Honourary Doctorate Degree by Bradley University, USA. Apart from her present duties as the Administrator of Federal Government College, NISE where she directs all the affairs of the college, both human and capital development in the best interest of the learners, she performs other related duties such as WAEC Examiner, Facilitator on Production and use of teaching aids for schools in Ondo state etc.
Having regard to the overwhelming achievement and performances of Dr. Lady Ibezim, Starman Magazine in recognition of her contributions to the service to humanity and human capital development, today confer on her the Starman Distinguished Award for Human Capital Development and Service to Humanity.