is Royal Majesty, Oba (Dr.) Francis Adefarakanmi Agbede Ilufemiloye (Ogidi III), is the 13th Olowa of Igbara -Oke kingdom, Ondo state, Nigeria. He is a prominent and revered monarch in Yorubaland, paramount ruler and prescribed authority.
He was born over sixty (60) years ago at Igbara-Oke in Ifedore Local Government Area of Ondo state into a royal dynasty of Ogidi Ruling House by Chief Ezekiel Abiodun Agbede, a retired Police Officer of an outstanding achievements and enviable records of service, and his mother, Mrs. Florence, a successful and prominent trader.
Oba (Dr.) Francis Adefarakanmi Agbede is a man of diverse personality traits who at one time worked as a teacher, administrator, king with a large heart, a philanthropist and a king imbued with good sense of humour, one of the custodians of the rich Yoruba attributes, a positivist at all times.
As a multi-lingual king, he is never tired of using his resources to champion the course of human capacity development irrespective of tribe, language, state or creed. He stands tall anywhere he finds himself, suffice that he is a living but a legendary Good Samaritan.
There is this popular saying that, there are Leaders and there are leaders, His Royal Majesty, Oba (Dr.) Francis Adefarakanmi Agbede
Demonstrated clearly in deeds and in actions that he is truly a leader of men when he was made the Asiwaju of Igbara-Oke kingdom and Chairman, Screening Committee of Bradley University Council for the whole black Africa.
Based on his outstanding contributions to human and community developments, His Royal Majesty, Oba (Dr.) Francis Adefarakanmi Agbede, has bagged so many awards and honours both within and outside the country. Awards which include,
- Award of Excellence by the Igbara-Oke Citizens in the Americas Inc.;
- Excellent Leadership Award by Trust Foundation, All Saints University of America;
- Award of Excellence by the Nigerian Union of Journalists, both Ondo and Oyo state chapters;
- Pillar of Sports Award in Ondo state;
- Pillar of security in Nigeria by Education Research Publishers;
- Award of Integrity by Anti-Corruption Awareness Organisation, Nigeria;
- Eminent Nigerian Leadership Award by Toplead Communications;
- African Leadership of Integrity by Africa International Magazine;
- Distinguished Industrial and Human Development Monarch Par Excellence by School of Management Technology, Akure;
- Man of the Year for 2018 Award by U.S. African Eye in the United States of America;
- Award of Excellence by The Voice of Yoruba race, among others.
He is also a member of the following professional bodies:
- Member of American Society of Industrial Security, MASIS;
- Member, Nigerian Institute of Management, MNIM;
- Member, British Chartered Institute of Management, MBCIM;
- Member of World Association of Detectives, MWAD;
- Fellow of the Institute of Fraud Examiner of Nigeria, African Awareness School, an affiliate of Babcock University;
- Fellow, Certified Institute of Management, FCIM.
- Honourary Doctorate Degree of the Bradley University, United States of America.
As a pious Christian, he is a recipient of the Award of Anglican Communion of Nigeria, Igbara-Oke; patron of different organisations and associations both within and outside the country. National Patron and member of the Board of Trustees of the Yoruba Council of Youths; Royal Patron and Member Board of Trustees, Centre for Anti-Corruption Research and Studies, Nigeria.
He is an exemplary Nigerian, an embodiment of pure intellect, discipline, a man of very easy camaraderie, a hero who is bent on carving a niche for the black man on the same pedestal as other races. He has never failed in his promise to be faithful in his duty of moving humanity forward and making people happy. His Royal Majesty, Oba (Dr.) Francis Adefarakanmi Agbede Ilufemiloye (Ogidi III), the paramount ruler and prescribed authority, Olowa of Igbara-Oke kingdom, has his own beaded crown from cradle of Yoruba race, the source of black people of the world and the spiritual house of all Scion of Oduduwa, being the number 37 among the 54 recognised Obas that wear beaded crown reckoning or concerning the position of Obas in Yoruba land.
He has travelled very extensively, and has covered over forty (40) countries. He is happily married with enviable children. He enjoys listening to music.
It is in recognition of the above overwhelming accomplishments that Starman Magazine has considered His Royal Majesty, Oba (Dr.) Francis Adefarakanmi Agbede Ilufemiloye (Ogidi III), of Igbara-Oke kingdom, Ondo state worthy of Starman Distinguished Award for Inspirational Leadership and Service to Humanity.